My American publisher for Graceling is the team of superstars at Harcourt Children's Books (September 2008).
- Germany: Carlsen for the YA; Piper Verlag for the adult; Hörbuch Hamburg for the audiobook.
- U.K., Australia, and New Zealand: Gollancz for the adult; Gollancz YA for the YA; Clipper Large Print for the large print.
- France: Hachette Jeunesse for the YA; Orbit France for the adult.
- Netherlands and Belgium: Moon.
- Italy: De Agostini.
- Spain (Spanish - Castillan): Roca.
- Spain (Catalan): Grup 62.
- Denmark: Tellerup.
- Romania: RAO.
- Brazil: Editora Rocco.
- Finland: WSOY.
- Taiwan: Gaea Books.
- Israel: Kinneret Zmora.
- Korea: Moonhak Soochup.
- Czech Republic: Ediposs Publishing House.
- Slovakia: Ediposs Publishing House.
- Portugal: Alfaguara Infantil & Juvenil, an imprint of Santillana.
- Indonesia: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Sweden: Semic.
- Turkey: Pegasus Publishment.
- Vietnam: Nhã Nam.
- Poland: Nasza Ksiegarnia.
- Russia: AST.
- Estonia: Pegasus Publishing.
- Hungary: Könyvmolyképző Kiadó.
- Croatia: Algoritam.
- China: Yongzheng.
- Thailand: Nokhook Publishing.
- Japan: Hayakawa.
- Serbia: Čarobna Knjiga.
- Bulgaria: EMAS-Vasilka Vancheva-Et.
- Greece: Livanis Publishing.
Regarding the timing of releases, especially of foreign translations: Every territory has a different timetable, and I don't always have the latest information. I recommend doing some googling. Particularly if you speak the language, you'll probably be able to find a more accurate answer than I can.
If you love the true literary study of YA and middle grade novels and picture books-- and/or if you're interested in writing same-- by all means check out the Center for the Study of Children's Literature at Simmons College. They offer an MA in Children's Literature and an MFA in Writing for Children. I went the MA route and can say that the program is rigorous, invigorating, and inspiring, and it changed my life in all the best ways.
Regarding ebooks: Kindle editions of Graceling and Fire are available online at Amazon.com, an ebook version of Fire is available at bn.com and wherever ebooks are sold, and an ebook of the U.K. Gollancz edition of both Graceling and Fire can be purchased at Waterstones.com.
The portraits on this website were taken by Daniel Burbach.
You can send me mail at: